Wednesday, July 12, 2023

ASSEMBLING DAILY FOLDERS

A question I get all the time is how I assemble my daily folders.  So, I decided to show you a couple different ways I've assembled my folders over the years.

Daily Folders

Due to teacher requests, I have a couple different variations of my daily folder covers.  They look similar and have the same graphics, but they are just named differently.

For example, I have...

TAKE HOME FOLDERS

Take Home Folders


Homework Folders


Parent-Teacher Communication Folders


Assessment Folders

No matter what version you have there are a couple ways you can assemble your folders.

ASSEMBLY OPTION #1


Here I printed the covers on full page label sheets.  I cut out the cover, peeled off the sticky back, and stuck it on the front of a folder.  (I have tried both plastic and paper folders.)

Classroom Daily Folder Assembly

Here are the full-page labels I used:


For extra durability I used these sticky lamination sheets to put over the label.


I had to cut them down a little before sticking them on.

ASSEMBLY OPTION #2

Classroom Daily Folder Assembly

Another way I've put together my folders is by printing the covers on regular computer paper and then laminating them to make them durable.

I've used just the regular school laminator, but I've also used my at home one too.


I like to use my at home laminator because I have the option to laminate with the 5 mil lamination, which makes the covers extra durable.


After I laminate and cut out the covers there are two different ways I attached the covers.

First, I simply just staple the covers on in the areas that are easy to staple and won't mess with the pockets and brads of the folder.

Classroom Daily Folder Assembly

Then, in any areas I couldn't staple (usually the bottom area of the cover) I add some Velcro dots to finish securing them to the folder.

Here is an example of the sticky Velcro dots I use.


These are just a couple ideas on how to attach your folder covers.  Through trial and error I've found what works for me and the wear and tear my folders get on a daily basis.

Classroom Daily Folders

If you have different ideas on how to attach the covers add them in the comments below!  


0 comments:

Post a Comment