Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Classroom Library Organization

I recently tackled organizing all my book from my classroom library.  After going through and getting rid of all the book in bad shape, duplicates of books, etc. I still had a ton of books to organize.

Classroom Library Organization

I knew I wanted the books organized by reading level, but I just didn't know how I was going to keep them grouped together.  I originally thought I would have book bins for each level, but I quickly realized that I would need a ton of tubs and it would cost me a lot of money to do it that way.

Classroom Library Labels

That's when I decided to just line them up nicely on a bookshelf and add these dividers between each level of books.

Classroom Library Organization

Classroom Library Bookshelf Dividers

I assembled the bookshelf dividers to be double sided so I could see the book levels no matter what side of the bookshelf I was looking from.

Classroom Library Bookshelf Dividers
(front of bookshelf divider)

Classroom Library Bookshelf Dividers
(back of bookshelf divider)

Classroom Library Bookshelf Dividers

To assemble the double-sided dividers, I simply taped the two sides together and then laminated them.
 
Classroom Library Bookshelf Labels

I used this thick lamination for extra durability.

Classroom Library Bookshelf


I recently added these bookshelf dividers to my TpT store!

Classroom Library Bookshelf Dividers/Markers

I made them in 11 different color choices to match any classroom.

Classroom Library Bookshelf Markers

Available in red, blue, yellow, green, orange, purple, pink, gray, brown, black, and white.

Classroom Library Bookshelf Markers

These are editable in PowerPoint so you can organize your classroom library however you choose.  For example, by reading level, book genre, authors, theme, etc.

Classroom Library Bookshelf Markers

You can also edit them to add your student's names and/or numbers to the dividers to make bookshelf place holders.

Bookshelf Place Holders

These will help keep your classroom library organized when students pick out their books.

Bookshelf Place Holders

 It will also help students reshelve their books with ease.

Bookshelf Place Holders

Grab my Bookshelf Dividers from my TpT store HERE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment