Monday, March 2, 2020

Student Behavior Checklist - Great to use at Parent/Teacher Conferences

Getting things prepared for Parent/Teacher conferences can be overwhelming.  I always like to include a packet of paperwork that shows parents what the benchmarks are at this time of the year in first grade and how their child is doing compared to those benchmarks. Reading level, reading fluency, comprehension, and fact fluency are just some of the benchmarks I include in my packet of paperwork.  My parents find this information that I give them to be very beneficial in knowing how their child is performing in first grade.


However, one of the top questions that parents have is: "How is my child's behavior?"  That's when I decided to come up with a work habits and behavior checklist.  The checklist includes 21 specific work habit/behavior topics that I could evaluate their child on.  I rated the students on each topic as either: "Does this well," "Does this okay," and "Needs to do better."
Behavior Checklist
This checklist really helped me breakdown each child's behavior and make it easier to explain to their parents what they do well in and areas they can improve in.
Parent/Teacher Conferences
I like to give these checklists out at each parent/teacher conference (one in the fall and the other in the spring).  You can compare the two checklists during the spring conference to see if the child's behavior has improved or declined.
Parent-Teacher Conferences
I copy all the paperwork I give out to parents during conferences and keep a copy for me and allow the parents to take home the additional copies.
Conference Time

Parent Teacher Conferences
I store and organize all the paperwork I give out at conferences in these plastic parent-teacher conference folders I made.  Each folder has a student number on it so I can reuse them year after year.
Behavior Checklist for Parent-Teacher Conferences
This checklist is so easy to fill out that you could not only use it for conferences but for end of the week student behavior evaluations, end of the month student behavior evaluations, etc.
Conference Paperwork


Grab a copy of my Evaluation of Work Habits and Behavior Checklist from my TpT store by clicking HEREIt's now editable!

0 comments:

Post a Comment