Friday, May 18, 2012

Making Your Own Alphabet Strip


I searched all over the internet and every store I could think of for a cowboy themed alphabet strip.  I could not find one, so needless to say I made my own!  This is a super easy way to make an alphabet strip for your classroom to meet any theme you need!

First, I found computer paper that had the theme I was looking for.  I found this bandana themed paper at Hobby Lobby.  If you can’t find computer paper that works for your theme, you could also use scrapbook paper!

Next, I laminated and cut each paper.

Then, I took the existing alphabet strip that I had and cut the pictures off.  I also added the green start dots and handwriting strokes to each letter.


I purchased this alphabet strip from Mardels.
CLICK HERE to view alphabet strip online.


Finally, I hung the paper first, and then I hung the letters over the paper.  I didn’t laminate the paper with the letter already on top of it because I didn’t think the lamination would stick since the alphabet paper was thick.

Here is the final project!  I wanted a cowboy themed alphabet strip because I am using it as an outlaw word wall.



11 comments:

  1. I absolutely love it! What a great idea! I am definitely going to do this for my classroom next year (except I have pirates). :)

    I am having a big TPT giveaway- come & check it out!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so cute. Such a great idea! I am your newest follower!
    Jen
    [ Jen's Kinder Kids
    Please come by & visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an awesome idea!! Thanks for sharing:)
    Connie:)
    www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I awarded you the One Lovely Blog award! Check out my blog for details!
    :) Dana
    Fun in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your outlaw poster. Way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super idea . . . the crew coming up next year struggles with handwriting and this will be perfect to start next year. Thanks for sharing. Glad I found you :)

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Where did you get your Wanted poster?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got the Wanted Poster from the teaching store Mardel. :)

      Delete