Saturday, February 25, 2012

President's Day

Here are some of the activities we did this week to celebrate President's Day!

After reading many books about George Washington and Abraham Lincoln we filled in anchor charts about what we have learned about these famous presidents.






Then we compared George Washington and Abraham Lincoln using a Venn Diagram.




Writing Prompt: If I Were President...
Using each student's face picture, they added a hat and cotton balls to look like a president.




I also used this week to talk about The United States Flag!
Here are the anchor charts I made to discuss flag facts and rules.














1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda - First off I love your blog. I'm a big fan of pictures on blogs. Also love your Dr. seuss stuff. :o) I just posted some pics from our Dr. Seuss Day on my blog..you should come on over and see them. I had to laugh when I first saw your profile because it said, Amanda Moore, OK. My daughter is Amanda Moore.
    Anyway - very cute blog I enjoyed my visit and am your newest follower.
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete