Thursday, August 5, 2021

Punctuation Anchor Chart - Make Digital Anchor Charts and Print them Poster Size

 

Punctuation Anchor Chart

As you have probably seen from my past "Anchor Charts" blog post - I'm obsessed with anchor charts.  I have made so many over the years.  I have spent countless hours hand drawing and coloring my anchor charts.  I have often wondered if I could make my anchor charts digitally and then print them out in a large poster size.  It would even be worth it to me if I had to pay to get them printed somewhere so I wouldn't have to handmake them all.  I also could use cute fonts and graphics on my charts if I made them digitally.

WELL I finally figured it out!  I can't believe it took me this long and it was so simple to do.  I could even print my posters at home.

Here's how you do it...

Make digital anchor charts and print them poster size

When you go to FILE - PRINT you will see this box as you normally do.  Under the PAGE SIZING & HANDLING section - select POSTER.  Change the TILE SCALE to 325%.  Finally, press PRINT.

It took me awhile to figure out what tile scale would match my usual anchor chart paper.  This makes it the same width as my usual anchor chart paper, but a little longer.  I wanted to keep the width the same since I know it will fit through a lamination machine.

Punctuation Anchor Chart

The document will print on 12 pages.  Cut and tape the pages together.  Finally laminate the poster so you can reuse and write on them with Expo markers!

You can grab my Punctuation Anchor Chart by clicking HERE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment